[mythtv-users] Re: Green Screen of death - Fixed

Richard Schelin rks1789 at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 7 08:02:43 EDT 2003

I'm not sure WHY this fixed it, but after re-installing, getting xawtv to
work using a config file, and trying a whole lot of other things the thing
that seems to have been the problem was the recording resolution.

I read someplace that outputting 540x480 will be translated by HD capable
tv's to be 1080.  So I changed my recording size to 540x480.  If you go to
720, and then use the arrow keys you can not get to 540, I had to type it
in, which in the new version didn't seem to work (typing in a value).

So at the slightly strange value of, I think it's 544 I get a picture again.

Weird, but at least it works now :)

I had to do this on both of my recording (live tv, and recording) to get
them both to work...

Thanks!

Rich