[mythtv-users] Re: Getting Started with MythTV

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Mon Jul 7 01:49:01 EDT 2003

On Sunday, July 6, 2003, someone wrote:

>> After reading some of the "hey, you should have no problem"
>> wanted to give my $0.02 worth on this topic, since I've been trying
>> now
>> for about 6 weeks and still have no MythTV working.... :(

I've got the art of reinstalling a system from bare metal down to about
three hours (aside from MythGame, which keeps segfaulting on me and I
haven't had time to play with much). If you're using Red Hat Linux 9,
you would be well served to look at http://atrpms.physik.fu-berlin.de,
and the mythtv packages there. I've also put together a little guide
that details the steps to installing a system using those packages on
Red Hat Linux 9. (A new version, 1.2.0 is being posted up shortly, so
if you see an earlier version, it isn't up just yet, but will be very
soon). It is geared toward using a PVR-250 for the tv card, but the
bulk of it applies to any RHL9/MythTV install. Also included in the new
version are instructions specific to the Asus Pundit.

Here's the link to the guide:

-jcw