[mythtv-users] Tuner type for Pixelview BT878P+?

Ray Olszewski ray at comarre.com
Sun Jul 6 22:07:35 EDT 2003

At 11:32 PM 7/6/2003 -0400, Jay Camp wrote:
>I have a PixelView BT878P+ (card no. 70 for bttv module).  However, I
>cannot figure out the correct tuner number.  I have tried several and
>gotten great video, but yet no audio.  I have hooked the audio out on the
>capture card to my speakers to rule out any sound card issues.  Any
>advice?  The only chip I see on the device is the Conexant 878a and some
>other Jaecs chip.

I think you are suffering rom a terminology problem, not a technical problem.

The tuner that a "tuner number" identifies is the component of a vidcap
card that changes channels. If you are getting "great video", you no doubt
have the correct tuner type specified.

I surmise from what you say about audio that you are trying to use btaudio
for sound. Whether this works with your card I do not know, but I do know
that as a general matter btaudio only works with a small subset of bttv
cards. If your card is delivering sound out its external jack ( as you seem
to say it is), your best bet is to jumper that output to your sound card's
line-in jack and use the standard audio device for the audio portion of
your capture.

Now I may have some of this wrong, because I'm guessing a lot about what
you mean. If I've misunderstood, my misunderstandings should at least help
you post a more descriptive trouble report.