[mythtv-users]Help needed -- cant run setup on Mandrake 9.1, getting qt-MySQL error

Adam Biskobing tv at badmoon.com
Sun Jul 6 16:56:05 EDT 2003

Have you changed the password for the mysql user: root?  If you haven't
then you do not need the -p.  That switch will cause mysql to prompt you
for a password.  If running mysql -uroot < mc.sql does not return any
errors, then it is probably working.

To do a quick check do the following:

mysql -uroot mythconverg
show tables\g

This should print out a list of tables such as settings, recorded, and
other such myth tv necessary database tables.  If you are seeing those,
then most likely the mc.sql script was run successfully.