[mythtv-users] Enhancement Suggestions

Ben Bucksch linux.news at bucksch.org
Sun Jul 6 11:31:50 EDT 2003

Chris Petersen wrote:

>Any idea if this is in .10 or not?

It is. Check your DB ;-).

>dunno, maybe "news"?  It probably falls under tvshow, but might be
>different enough to count as its own category.

Sure, if you can deduce that information somehow.

>>XMLTV DTD 0.6 does provide for a way to specify standardized category
>>systems and the ability to differ between "programme type" (movie,
>>series) (what I called category_type) and "genre" (drama, action,
>>thriller). The current "category" is a mix of those (action movie), and
>>the new DTD will still allow those mixes.
>>

>hmm, cool.  now to figure out how to support it in a gui.

Yes, but note that XMLTV 0.6 is still some time away and not all
grabbers make use of that extended possibilities. Of course also depends
on the data source.

>I'll make sure to add string support
>in for those who want to add it into a theme.

BTW: I don't think such stuff belongs in a theme. Themes/skin should
change look&feel only, not functionality (preferences) or localisation.
If you place such stuff in the theme, you either require an incredible
amount of themes (5 looks x 3 locales x 2^5 for prefs) or limit the
user's practical choices.
I personally can always hack the source (I hope), so it's not that
important for me, though, assuming merges work cleanly :).

Ben