[mythtv-users] Suggested Settings for Separate Frontend

John Madill jmadill at joyousnoise.com
Sat Jul 5 21:05:53 EDT 2003

Well ... got the hardware built and the apps installed on my separate frontend.

Lots of frustrations with the Via Technologies 8233 chipset on the Elitegroup
K7VMM+ PCB 3.1 system board, but nothing that couldn't be solved by shutting it
off and using a Soudblaster Live card I had lying about. <g>

Since it's working now, I want to tweak the performance a bit.  Audio and video
stutter a bit from time to time, but I am using 720x480 resolution and best
sound quality possible.

So, my question is, what are the optimal settings for resolution and quality
that will work on my 10/100 lan?

Are there any special settings to enhance this system?

Specs:
- AMD Athlon 1800+
- SoundBlaster Live
- Hauppauge PVR-250 (tuner on Master Backend)
- PNY Verto GeForce FX 5200

Another thing ... since the backend is on a P4 2.54 gHz system, if I were to add
a second tuner, should I put it in the master backend or run a second backend on
the other (frontend) system?

Thanks again to everyone!

 -jm