[mythtv-users] Almost finished - help getting things to autostart and sound issues

John Rives john.rives at comcast.net
Sat Jul 5 18:36:32 EDT 2003

I have Myth setup and running properly. btaudio works, the bttv drivers
work, both tuners are going along nicely... no problem. Now I'd like to see
about automating the startup (and driver stuff). Here is what I have to do
right now to get myth going correctly:

(all from terminal)
/etc/init.d/mysqld start
modprobe bttv card=10
modprobe tuner type=2
modprobe btaudio
mythbackend

(from a seperate terminal)
mythfrontend

I'd really like it if that could be automated. I tried a couple of things
with the modules.conf file, but they ended up breaking it not helping it.
Any ideas? Even a script that could run those commands on startup would be
fine with me.

Also, after starting myth for the FIRST time after a reboot it takes a few
tries (mythfrontend crashes each time) before it will let me watch live tv.
It says that /dev/dsp is in use. I can, however, play games with mythgame,
or watch videos with mythvideo without problems (and with sound). After a
few tries, or after playing a few games, this goes away. Any ideas?

Thanks!