[mythtv-users] Logging problems (filled 1G partition)

Jason Cooper jcooper at nevernight.net
Sat Jul 5 14:27:30 EDT 2003

> > > And the non-critical question, since I will no longer leave my frontend
> > > on pause, how do I trim down the logging on mysql?  I'm totally new to
> > > it and am not even sure what I'm looking at in the log (.err is really
> > > small, so that's good) So I don't want to trim out critical info.  Is
> > > there a flag, or config option to toggle so when I don't fill the
> > > partition in a month?  I cycle the logs once a month.

> Although my one question is still up for grabs, how do I reduce the
> amount of logging mysql generates?  I think myth is fine as long as I
> don't leave it on pause for half a day (although that should probably be
> reported as a bug).

Okay, thanks Nathan.  That was exactly what I needed.  It worked like a
charm.

I apologize for not replying to your post directly, I haven't finished
configuring mutt with gpg.  It kept giving me some sort of error when I
would try to send to the list in reply to your signed message (gpg2comp
not found) or something like that.  I'll fix it later.

Cooper.