[mythtv-users] alsa help on mandrake 9.1 (OT?)

Jason Cooper jcooper at nevernight.net
Sat Jul 5 11:48:02 EDT 2003

Isaac Richards (ijr at po.cwru.edu) wrote:
> On Friday 04 July 2003 11:53 pm, Blaise St-Laurent wrote:
> > Here's the deal:
> >
> > I have a Giga-byte GA-7VRXP which has the ens1371 onboard, and i'm
> > installing Mandrake 9.1. I've run Mandrake for a couple of years, and i
> > have a couple of Mandrake 9.1 boxes installed and running. Here's the
> > problem. I've never had to run ALSA before, and quite frankly, I'm
> > stumped. I've hit a couple of different problems:
>
> Does the OSS driver not work with mythtv?

I'm running the same mobo.  alsa works fine here with the snd-via82xx
driver.  yes, it's es1371, but alsa uses the above.  Unfortunately, I
don't use Mandrake, so I'm unable to assist you there, but I can confirm
that alsa works for that onboard sound chip.

If you give me a week or two, I should have the SPDIF out working on it
as well.  Depends on how long it takes to get here.

What steps have you taken so far?  what is the output of 'lsmod'?

Cooper.