[mythtv-users] Advice on upgrading to the latest release version

Matt matt at solecize.com
Fri Jul 4 20:26:38 EDT 2003

I'm still running version .8

Is there anything that I should know before I upgrade to the latest
release version?  Will I loose the information that is in my database?
 Along those lines, are there any special steps that I have to take in
oder to keep the information that is in my DB?  I realize that the newer
versions have more DB fields, but I don't know anything about migrating
the data.   Is it all done automagically or non-destructively?

I glanced at the docs and they appeared to be very similar to the way
they were at the time that I installed .8 ,so I'm sorry if this is
already covered in the docs.

thanks