[mythtv-users] btaudio with Multiple Tuners - 1 works, 1 doesn't!

John Rives john.rives at comcast.net
Fri Jul 4 17:56:59 EDT 2003

Hardware first:

2 x WinTV dbx (identical)
Using onboard audio (Soyo Dragon KT400 mb)

Problem:

Mythtv works. The first tuner is up and running perfectly. btaudio is obviously working, as I can unplug the pass through cable and watch tv (using the 1st tuner) and hear the audio through my speakers. I cannot, however, get any audio off the second tuner EXCEPT by using the pass through cable - and this is only when using xawtv. Mythtv does not like my audio setup when I try to use both tuners at once. Doing a dmesg | grep btaudio shows that btaudio is using dsp1 (digital) dsp2 (analog) for primary tuner (audio works), and dsp3 (digital) dsp4 (analog) for secondary tuner (no audio). Problem is, when I do a ls -al /dev/dsp* all I see is /dev/dsp /dev/dsp1 /dev/dsp56k. What gives?! In Mythtv I have the first tuner setup to use /dev/dsp1 for sound, it works. But I do not have the option to use /dev/dsp2 or 3 or 4 anywhere. Any ideas??

Thanks!