[mythtv-users] CPU usage for live TV? (Asus Pundit)

Anduin Withers awithers at anduin.com
Fri Jul 4 11:52:59 EDT 2003

> What are you folks seeing for CPU usage on your machines?

Base system:

PIII 866

With both PVR 250s recording the backend takes about 2% with spikes up to
5%.

Playback usage... depends on the quality of the recording. At 8000000 VBR I
see almost 40% CPU usage by mythfrontend. At 4000000 VBR I see about 23%.

> I know the onboard SiS graphics isn't a powerhouse, but is it possible
that
> it is the cause for my high CPU usage?

I could have sworn there was something about this not too long ago on this
list. I'm using a cheap nVidia 400MX card with nVidia drivers and X CPU
usage during playback (800x600 to TV) is minimal (< 1%) so yes your usage
seems high but it looks like X is the oddball not myth.

--
Anduin Withers