[mythtv-users] Single Box for Myth font/backend

Lonny Selinger lonny at bangtherockstogether.net
Fri Jul 4 07:58:38 EDT 2003

> nahh...
>
> get this board:
> http://www.msi.com.tw/program/products/mainboard/mbd/pro_mbd_detail.php?UID=437&MODEL=MS-6777

That does spec out pretty nice. Now I have some thinking to do lol ...
the other option I was going to go with was this:

http://www.tradexinfo.com/accessories/dfikt400a.htm

But I haven't decided wether or not I want to go rediculous on *show*
or not. I wouldn't mind saving *some* money somewhere, I was just
always under the impression that too many onboard components caused
people more grief the dedicated cards so I was going to shy away from
it ... might have to readdress this.

> and the chipset being nVidia you can count on full support for
> linux...

This is true, I've used nothing but nVidia cards in all my machines
since the late 90's when they released their first Linux drivers, I've
had one issue in about 6 years and they actually emailed me a fixed
driver to test within 2 days. THeir support rocked and they've got my
business from now on.

Thanks for the link! I need to look into this more now :)

--
Lonny