[mythtv-users] Another SEGFAULT... :(

Steve Brown steve-mythtvusers at deltabbs.org
Fri Jul 4 11:33:23 EDT 2003

Isaac Richards wrote:

> As we found on IRC, the 680 width there was the culprit

Interestingly, I just checked out the cvs Wed about 2000 GMT (the last
version I was running was 0.8) and had a bizzarre problem in
settings.record.liveTV.

I did the 0.8-0.9 and 0.9 to 0.10 and cvs sql updates btw.

The Width setting appeared to be off by 2 or thereabouts, as in the
closest to 720 I could get was 722 or similar, and I was wondering why
the backend segfaulted when I went to watch live tv.

Anyway, I played around with going up and down the available widths to
no no avail, played with the height and when I clicked back to the width
setting it suddenly 'jumped' to 720 and has been fine every since.

I'm using a PVR250, so maybe the old width/height setting was odd - 0.8
was a manually entered number, not one that cycles up/down as it does now.

I've never used gdb before this happened, and it was resolved before I'd
played with it too much. I sussed how to pass the commandline args to
the app, but how does one create a backtrace?

*Damn fine job with 0.10 guys*

Steve