[mythtv-users] MythWeb feature request, status start page and an a/v streamer

Ben Bucksch linux.news at bucksch.org
Fri Jul 4 00:29:32 EDT 2003

Chris Germano wrote:

> a status page that is first thing to load when going to mythweb? Say
> something that had how many shows where recorded, what is scheduled to
> record in the next few hrs, how many hours have been recorded, how
> much space is left on the drive with a nice bar graph, etc. I think
> this is very important because I find that I don't always want to look
> at the listings

Yes.

> 3. MythMusic integration with MythWeb
> Having access to your home music collection from anywhere in the world
> would be amazing. I don't care about visualizations, but just having
> my playlist with simple id3 info and a play button would be awesome.

Doesn't have anything to do with MythTV and is a bit harder to use, but
you can achieve that with a webserver (serving your mp3 files under
<http://yourserver/yourmp3dirurl/>) and a small shell script roughly like
find PATH -name "*.mp3"|sed -e
"s|PATH|http://yourserver/yourmp3dirurl/|" > PATH/mp3s.m3u
then point XMMS/winamp at <http://yourserver/yourmp3dirurl/mp3s.m3u>