[mythtv-users] Single Box for Myth font/backend

Tony Brummett tony at blight.com
Thu Jul 3 11:35:20 EDT 2003

On Thu, Jul 03, 2003 at 11:17:17AM -0400, John Madill wrote:
> I was just curious if there is any serious performance issues with
> putting everything on one box (provided its a power/work horse). I'm
> working on assembling a dedicated box for Myth but would like to have
> it as a show piece ... its going to run a ton of cash just for the
> goddy extras so rather then forking out for a couple machines I'd like
> to throw it all into one box.

I just set up an old Athlon 900MHz machine running everything.  I had to
turn the quality settings down a bit so I could record and watch at the
same time, but it does work.  That what I get for not wanting to spend
any money on it :)

If you're planning on actually buying new equipment, I don't think you'll
have any problem putting it all in one box.

-- Tony