[mythtv-users] huh.. mythtv .10 .tar.tar

Ben Bucksch linux.news at bucksch.org
Thu Jul 3 15:16:46 EDT 2003

I think the mimetype that the server sends is wrong or suboptimal. It
sends "Content-Type: application/x-tar" without any content-encoding. It
should send
The server admin (Isaac?) should add
AddEncoding x-bzip2 bz2
to modules.conf, below the other AddEncoding options.

I don't know, if that fixes the problem, though, I think it's a
Windows-only problem.

In the meantime, use Mozilla on Linux or wget or snarf or whatever or
just rename the file.

(more below)

Kevin wrote:

> I had the same problem downloading using IE.
>
> At 07:48 PM 2003-07-02, Jarrod Gray wrote:
>
>> By chance are you using Mozilla to download?  It has a little bug
>> where it appends .tar to some filenames. Just remove the extra ".tar".
>

>> David-Georges Vitrant wrote:
>>
>>> hmm why is the mythtv .10 a .tar.tar file? and I can't unzip it..

It's not a zipfile, it's a tar.bz2, so
mv mythtv.0.10.tar.tar mythtv.0.10.tar.bz2
and use
tar xjf mythtv.0.10.tar.bz2
or
tar xIf mythtv.0.10.tar.bz2
or similar.

BTW: Please cut your quotes to the minimum!

Ben