[mythtv-users] Re:problem using mythtv with xinerama

matt jarvis mail at mattjarvis.co.uk
Thu Jul 3 12:14:44 EDT 2003

Yep, same problem here, when mythfrontend starts on my xinerama setup, I
just get the background with no buttons. Myth is working fine, as it
works perfectly on my other frontend.

If I start mythfrontend with xinerama screen 0 specified, I get no
buttons and just the blue background on screen 0. If I start it with
xinerama screen 1 specified, then it spreads itself across both screens.
This also happens if I specify it to start in a window.

My only workaround is to reduce the size of the mythfrontend window in
the setup screen and run it windowed, which obviously doesn't give me
full screen.