[mythtv-users] MythMusic Bug, freezes on start sometimes

Chris Germano netslayer at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 2 23:50:31 EDT 2003

Ok it looks like it is running however once I killed the process, and tried
mythmusic it froze again. This is kind of strange. Just did some testing, if
I start mythfrontend fresh I can use mythmusic but as soon as I access the
soundcard by playing back video through mythvideo or mythtv, mythmusic will
lock up! Oddly enough I can go in and out of mythmusic without problems but
as soon as I use other plugins that output sound, it looks like mythmusic is
doomed. So something is not letting go of my sound card once I comeback. Now
I'm running a Creative Labs Audigy with the new chipset that isn't supported
by ALSA so I'm forced to use OGG drivers, but it has not been a problem
since I use btaudio for tv in. Gosh this is annoying,hmm

[root at localhost chris]# ps ax | grep artsd
2556 pts/2    S      0:00 grep artsd
[root at localhost chris]# kill 2556
bash: kill: (2556) - No such process
[root at localhost chris]# ps ax | grep artsd
[root at localhost chris]# ps ax | grep artsd
[root at localhost chris]# ps ax | grep artsd
[root at localhost chris]#