[mythtv-users] Network access is troublesome if there is live preview in watch recordings

cmisip cmisip at insightbb.com
Wed Jul 2 23:27:03 EDT 2003

First of all great work on the 1.0 release. The slowdown I noticed in .9
is gone and as of writing this email, I have seen no bugs except this
that I am reporting. (also the ui.xml thing that was reported earlier)
I have two backends, a master and a slave.  While both seem to be able
to record shows to each local hard drive, I found out that if I am
watching using my master mythtv and try to access a show recorded in the
backend mythtv, If I have the preview video selected, the preview works
fine but when I select the video, nothing happens.  I have to kill the
frontend and restart it.  The behavior is the same each time.  The only
way to access the video on the slave mythtv is by turning off live
preview or by using bitmap preview.