[mythtv-users] Newbie question about Watch TV and keyboard cmds

Harry Orenstein ho_9 at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 3 00:16:18 EDT 2003

Forgive me if these questions have been asked and answered previously.  I
have tried to search the archive but have not found these in it.

When I choose Watch TV Myth starts recording to a file (ringbuf1.nuv) and
this appears to enable timeshifting so that I could pause or rewind live TV.
  I have recently done some reconfiguration and am not sure if this has
always been the case (I could swear that Watch TV didn't used to create this
file until I paused).  What I want to know is whether or not I accidentally
turned on a feature that does this or if there is a way to not create the
file until I actually hit pause (I cannot conceive ever wanting to rewind
live TV if I didn't explicitly start recording it via a pause) by chaning
the config (maybe this could be an enhancement request).

My second question is about documentation.  Is there somewhere that the
character mappings of the commands in the various screens of MythTV are
documented?  I know that many can be devined from looking at the .liircrc
file (I am using one from contrib I think).

I realize that I am new at this and I would appreciate any help anyone could
give me.  I have given my config below in case that helps anyone with
solutions/suggestions.  TIA!

Harry Orenstein

Asus A7V8X-X
WD 80GB 8MB