[mythtv-users] Very confused about ALSA still, did everything right apparently still not working

Ray Olszewski ray at comarre.com
Wed Jul 2 20:48:35 EDT 2003

There is a typo in what you sent that makes me think you made a misteke
when checking for the library. alsamixer says it is looking for
libasound.so.2 . You say you checked for libaosund2.so.2 . The misspelling
of "sound" is probably just a typo in the e-mail but the extra "2" in what
you say you looked for may have been a mistake in what you actually looked
for. Or the symlink may have been messed up somehow ... on my most
up-to-date Debian-Sid system, this library name is a symlink:

autovcr at kuryakin:~$ ls -l /usr/lib/libasound.so.2*
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           18 Jun 12 16:30
/usr/lib/libasound.so.2 -> libasound.so.2.0.0
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root       548668 May 24 00:21
/usr/lib/libasound.so.2.0.0

In any case, the easiest fix is to apt-get remove libasound2, then apt-get
install libasound2 ... and just let the Debian package manager fix things
for you.