[mythtv-users] Contrast, brightness, color and hue don't work with latest CVS. (at least for me)

Mike Wohlgemuth mjw at woogie.net
Wed Jul 2 15:58:27 EDT 2003

Harley Peters wrote:

> It might just be me but when I adjust the contrast and etc it shows
> the settings changing and the values do appear to being saved. But
> they have
> no effect on the picture.
> The all worked before with an older cvs before the addition of hue and
> when you used the keys j,k,l.

I have problems where the displayed values go to -1 whenever I try to
change the values.  This has been happening on a Red Hat 9 Athlon 2000XP
with a Leadtek WinFast 2000XP.  If it's a problem with MythTV, it
started after version .9, but I've only ever run CVS on this box.  Since
no one else was complaining, I've been assuming that it was something
about Red Hat or the Athlon, since the tuner card worked fine in an
Intel box I had running a Red Hat 8 kernel.  I've been trying to get
time to install a vanilla 2.4.21 kernel, or the most recent bttv to see
if that helped, but have been too busy.  Fortunately the wife hasn't
complained about the contrast yet, and there is no way I'm bringing it
up until after I fix it.

Mike