[mythtv-users] Upgrading instructions?

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Wed Jul 2 10:31:33 EDT 2003

> Yeah, there's an 'UPGRADING' file in the source distribution with instructions
> on what to do.  Should be really similar to past versions, though, just
> update the database with the 0.9-to-0.10.sql update file.

has there been any thought about putting this into a script?  When I
used to have to deal with a lot of this kind of stuff on my projects,
I'd keep a version/date log of db changes, and then had a script that
would check the version of the db, and then apply any changes that were
needed, updating the version as it went along.

It wouldn't be too hard to do something like this with perl or sh, and
it'd make upgrading a lot easier for some of us package types because
the script could just be run by the package itself.  And it would be
more accurate than full-version upgrades because the script could
recognize smaller changes during cvs stuff..

And yes, I'm happy to write this if we can come up with a good way to
deal with it.

-Chris