[mythtv-users] Remote w/ dual-headed MythTV?

Jason Lowdermilk lowdermilk at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 1 12:47:51 EDT 2003

I tried that, but switching between X servers causes problems --
switching to one X server makes the other one blank out. Or is there
a workaround for that? I thought this was a limitation in XFree86?

I also tried using TwinView (NVidia MX chipset), and Xinerama. But those
cause the desktop to stretch across both heads, which doesn't work well
for MythTV. The best way I found is to use dual heads without Xinerama,
with a separate WM running on each head. This works exactly the way I
want, except for this problem with the remote. (Oh, and also for the
way xscreensaver deals with dual heads... I'd like it to only manage
the screen associated with the desktop :-)

Jason