[mythtv-users] XMLTV is Broken in North America

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Tue Jul 1 09:38:16 EDT 2003

> Not sure if this is relevant, but tv.yahoo.com has tv guides that always
> seem to work and the pages are consistent.  It might only show 3 hours at a
> time, but I'm sure someone could work out a scrubber, or even better, a way
> to access their data by passing it strings.

tv.yahoo.com also doesn't carry all of the channel layouts.  My layout
is "Comcast Analog Rebuild", but yahoo only has "Comcast Analog" which
is a combination of the "rebuild" and the "normal" (for lack of a better
word).  Bunch of duplicate channel info with the same name/number, which
might be harder for xmltv to distinguish (ie. how do I tell it that I
want *this* channel 59 instead of *that* one?).

On the other hand, yahoo provides original-airdate information, which
would be REALLY nice to have.

-Chris