[mythtv-users] Asus A7N266-VM was: Installed and Working

Scott Elliott selliott at insight.rr.com
Fri Feb 28 22:52:56 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-02-28 at 15:31, m0j0.j0j0 wrote:
> -I've noticed the video isn't great from the a7n266-vm. For example, the
> visualizations in MythMusic can be jerky. The following appears in
> 'messages' and thought it may be related:

I've got the same board, but don't have that problem.  What version of
the kernel are you using?  I use 2.4.21-pre4-ac4, because of the IDE
driver.

> agpgart: Maximum main memory to use for agp memory: 176M
> insmod: /lib/modules/2.4.20/kernel/drivers/char/agp/agpgart.o:
> init_module: No such device
> insmod: /lib/modules/2.4.20/kernel/drivers/char/agp/agpgart.o: insmod
> agpgart failed
> kernel: 0: NVRM: AGPGART: unable to retrieve symbol table
>
> Also:
>
> /proc/driver/nvidia/agp/status

# cat /proc/driver/nvidia/agp/status
Driver: 	 NVIDIA
AGP Rate: 	 4x
Fast Writes: 	 Disabled
SBA: 		 Disabled

> /proc/driver/nvidia/cards/0
> Model:           GeForce2 Integrated GPU
> IRQ:             11
> Video BIOS:      03.1a.01.03.02
> Card Type:       AGP

I'm not using the onboard video right now;  I have a GeForce2 with TV
out:

# cat /proc/driver/nvidia/cards/0
Model: 		 GeForce2 MX/MX 400
IRQ:   		 11
Video BIOS: 	 03.11.01.44.00
Card Type: 	 AGP

> -Digital audio
>
> Has anyone tested the S/PDIF digital output from the board?

As far as I know, it doesn't work under Linux, even with the commercial
OSS (www.opensound.com) drivers.

--
Scott Elliott <selliott at insight.rr.com>