[mythtv-users] developing Myth modules on WindowsXP?

Aaron Stewart acs at hourglassone.com
Tue Feb 25 20:39:51 UTC 2003

You'll have a hard time with trying to compile cross-platform code using
Visual C++/Visual Studio, since it does a really good job of being
"Helpful".. To the tune of suggesting things which aren't remotely
ubiquitous..

Check out Kdevelop for Linux, or CodeWarrior, etc.

Also, ASP/Vbscript is late binding.. To get equivalent one-to-one
translations requires quite a bit of familiarity with how interfaces and
classes work, particularly how they interact with IIS.  You're better
off simplifying (but I think that's what you're trying to do).

You might consider sending a message on mythtv-devel.. They're a bit
more versed in how things work.

Cheers,
Aaron