[mythtv-users] EPIA M10000..

Micah Morton micah at oregontech.net
Tue Feb 25 19:14:18 UTC 2003

The problem with the EPIA series is the FPU.. The floating point was only
half speed. Making the processor almost worthless when using it for
anything highly graphic, number crunching, encryping/decrypting, etc...
However, with normal desktop apps, starting apps and such, it is quite
fast.  The NEW Nehemia processor in the NEW 1ghz and dual 1ghz will be a
full speed FPU and was said to be able to compete well with the AMD/Intel
market at comparable speeds.

So, I would say that a dual 1ghz mini-itx board would pull only around
25watts max - and would be an excellent mythtv board.

--Micah