[mythtv-users] OT: NVIDIA on RH8

Andy Davidoff dert at pobox.com
Mon Feb 24 23:01:31 UTC 2003

I have a GeForce3 64m DDR.  Installed RedHat 8.0.  Downloaded
two packages off of NVIDIA's site.  Installed packages.
Changed 2-3 lines of XF86Config-4.  Restarted X.  Most of the
OpenGL XScreensavers run at 100-200fps in 24-bit 1600x1200.

I use custom-built kernels on a laptop with a GeForce 2/64m
and automation of the NVIDIA module compile/install looks like:
	cd /some/where/nvidia-kernel
	make clean install

I'm sorry for your troubles, but at least when you bought a WinTV
card they didn't send you a PVR-350.  Doh!  Actually, it looks
like it won't be more than a couple months before the v4l drivers
go alpha.

#if Jason James /* Feb 24, 05:51 */
#endif /* jason_james_97 at yahoo.com */