[mythtv-users] About ready to give up on g200

mythtv at bellsouth.net mythtv at bellsouth.net
Fri Feb 21 02:13:35 UTC 2003

I got artifacts all over the screen when running Xawtv (except for the Xawtv window). Then I saw this in the mgavideo readme and it solved my problem:

--------------------
XFree86
Mouse poiner and console font will be garbled if the X server isn not
set to use 4MB less memory than available. To do this check your X server
configuration (/etc/X11/XF86Config) that the line
  VideoRam   4096 is there for G200 with 8MB or
  VideoRam   8096 for G400 with 16MB if you want MTRR to work (else 12288)

  An example:
  Section "Device"
    Identifier      "MGA G200"
    VendorName      "Matrox"
    BoardName       "Marvel G200"
    VideoRam        4096
  EndSection

Also, if you get garbled video when using the DVD add-on, you
might want to try this option (thanks to dag at bakke.com) :

  Option     "NoHal" "on"

-Emil