[mythtv-users] Re:problems with zap2it

paul mckellar xalis at email.com
Wed Feb 19 15:26:00 UTC 2003

i had that problem.

here i what i did (just for the record i'm using gentoo and mythtv cvs from early feb, mostly because everything i need works and i'm afraid to update to the newer version in case it doesn't work immediatly)

get xmltv .5.2 version whatever..
did a perl makefile.pl but got errors which i ignored because make and make test worked fine

make install... (of course)

once i changed all the tvlistings2 => tvlistings
in /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/XMLTV/ZapListings.pm
and tv_grab_na worked great.

mythfilldatabase gave me a configure error because it was using an old tv_grab_na and a new confige file so i had to go to ~user/.xmltv/tv_grab_na and put it ~user/.mythtv/matrox.xmltv

matrox is the name of my device that i set in setup.  you can check your error message by seeing what file it tries to find in mythfilldatabase.

hope that helps people out.  (if i did anything stupid please warn me before mythtv starts recording joe millionaire instead of samurai jack)

-paul
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

Meet Singles
http://corp.mail.com/lavalife