[mythtv-users] No Sound

Ralph Little ralph.little at tribaldata.co.uk
Tue Feb 18 15:58:55 UTC 2003

Yup, I certainly did!
The problem is not with the sound server getting in the way; I disable the
sound server when playing with MythTV.

I merely observed that sometimes the ALSA driver seems to take a while to
"kick into action".
Not quite sure why, and not exactly on-topic, other than the fact that
Robert was having problems with MythTV audio.
Strange that we have seen the same effect but with different audio setups.

My AC97 works fine with MythTV, just some strange effects from time to
time...

Just a thought though, if mythtv is being autostarted at X/KDE startup, and
sound is enabled for KDE, perhaps there is a race condition between MythTV
and KDE sound server getting hold of the sound device leading to it working
sometimes, not others?

Best to just disable the sound server, though and avoid aggravation.

Regards,
Ralph