[mythtv-users] Alternatives to Xvideo?

Larry Matter mythtv at matter.net
Tue Feb 18 20:24:25 UTC 2003

Still not at the point of Myth working so I'm still trouble-shooting in XAWTV for now.  I have yet to get any sound pass from my capture card to my sound card, though it works in a Win9x system.

My sound card works most of the time but occasionally errors in one of two ways - one on bootup about being unable to start the device, the other when I try to open a WAV file and it says to check the connections.  Ironically, I can get the 2nd error, then it will work a few mins later.

Here is my /etc/modules.conf in case that helps (the only thing I did in here was modify the BTTV line to get my capture card working):
alias parport_lowlevel parport_pc
alias eth0 3c59x
alias scsi_hostadapter aic7xxx
alias usb-controller usb-uhci
alias char-major-81 bttv
options bttv card=22 pll=0 radio=1 tuner=2
pre-remove sound-slot-0 /bin/aumix-minimal -f /etc/.aumixrc -S >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
alias sound-slot-2 ad1848
post-install sound-slot-2 /bin/aumix-minimal -f /etc/.aumixrc -L >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
pre-remove sound-slot-2 /bin/aumix-minimal -f /etc/.aumixrc -S >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
alias sound-slot-0 es1371
post-install sound-slot-0 /bin/aumix-minimal -f /etc/.aumixrc -L >/dev/null 2>&1 || :

Any suggestions on a fix?

Thanks,
Alex