[mythtv-users] MythTV on RedHat 8.0

Declan Shanaghy declanshanaghy at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 16 22:10:09 UTC 2003

I had a read of you chronicle, well more like a skim thru!
nice job, itll be handy for ppl when its finished.
Anyway i noticed ur stuck on the UTF-8 problem.

Does anyone on this list have access to the mythTV docs,
they shold be updated to include the full fix for this
problem.

Anyway my solution went as follows.

Follow the MYthTV docs to set LANG environment variable
(follow this link)
http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-4.html#RH80-LANG

After you do this you will still see errors from
Date::Manip
follow the path to the Manip.pm file and open it for
editing, at line 96 there's a variable falled convTZ (i
think), it should currently be set to "", just stick your
timezone abbreviation in here.  And do the same to the
variable 4 lines up or so, it think its called localTZ or
something like that.

That should fix ur problems.

Dek

http://www.lorimarksolutions.com/MythTv/Mark's_LinTV_Project.html