[mythtv-users] What are people using for viewing DVDs?

Muddy muddy at muddysmind.com
Sat Feb 15 05:50:04 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-02-14 at 17:06, Jeremy Oddo wrote:
> So, I want to integrate DVD watching into my MythTV setup.  I've tried
> xine with limited results.  Any suggestions on which apps work well for
> playing commercial DVDs?  I'm getting snags with the whole copy-protection
> stuff.
>
> Isn't it nice to actually OWN DVDs that you can't watch because of the
> copy-protection?  Bastards.
>

> Suggestions?
> Jeremy

I've been using mplayer for every form of video and it's wonderful. I've
had it doing dvd, vcd, svcd, mov, mpeg, avi, divx, wmv, asx and many
other forms. (of course it does not include all the codecs so you'll
have to find and install them all but the end result is worth it)

Regards,
Jeff "Muddy" Waters
--
Muddy <muddy at muddysmind.com>