[mythtv-users] more setup & can't open database problems

Funky Fred funkyfredmale at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 14 21:10:08 UTC 2003

I plugged my antenna into a TV to make sure it was working then booted Red
Hat and ran xawtv and I get nothing but static.
I set it up for NTSC and everything else that looked necessary for North
America Broadcast TV but I get nothing.

My card is an ADS Channel Surfer TV + FM which I am led to believe is
supported due to its use of the BT848 chip and the Hardware Browser in KDE
shows it as installed.

Is there somewhere I can check to make sure the card's drivers are loaded?
Anything else I can do to test it?

Alex