[mythtv-users] 'You don't have any channels defined in the database'

Michael J. Sherman msherman at dsbox.com
Thu Feb 13 16:17:04 UTC 2003

Isaac Richards wrote:
>>Also, I have upgraded xmltv to the newer 0.5.7, but still get a seg
>>fault after it gets one day of data, but doesn't actually put anything
>>in the database.  It did successfully fill up the temp file with all the
>>XML output from tv_grab_na, however.
>>
>>So, assuming that I am *not* using the CVS version of MythTV, what are
>>my options?  I'm running release 0.7 because I had issues in trying to
>>get the CVS version working...
>

> Either use CVS mythtv, or use xmltv 0.5.6 with the patch Matt mentioned on the
> -dev list the other day that makes it use the old style tv listings, or one
> of the two different ways of fixing the segfault that were posted to this
> list.

I'm using xmltv 0.5.6 now, and I applied the patches mentioned.  Seems
to work somewhat, in that it doesn't seg fault, but I get about eight DB
insert errors per day parsed because the endtime param is NULL, so the
query has something like ... 1026,2003021923000, , "Show title", ...
The blank argument (endtime) after the starttime is creating an invalid
SQL insert statement.

Looks like in the XML output from tv_grab_na, many of the <programme>
elements are missing the stop attribute, but there's no case to handle
that in the filldata.cpp where the INSERT statement is created.  I added
some code to filldata.cpp above the INSERT statement output to assume
that if there is no stop time, use the start time and add an hour.  At
least it seems to work now.

-Mike

--
Michael J. Sherman  |  Software Developer
Digital Sandbox, Inc.  |  http://www.dsbox.com/