[mythtv-users] Updated MythTV RPMs

Paul Jara pjara at rogers.com
Fri Feb 14 18:06:59 UTC 2003

I dunno.. It seems like network transfer of data is adding another level
of complexity that could be avoided, but if sound dampening is
necessary, then it's a necessary evil :).

My understanding was that an uncompressed mpeg2 stream ran at
18mbits/sec, which translates to:

send->18mbit
recv<-18mbit
buffer->18mbit (for delayed playback)

Means that you're using about half of a 100baseTX connection (depends on
the card.. duplex notwithstanding).

I might be making all this up.. It's rather late at night..

Let me know how everything works out :)

Cheers,
Aaron