[mythtv-users] TiVo remote... what receiver?

Larry Matter mythtv at matter.net
Wed Feb 12 19:33:48 UTC 2003

> I got all my parts from
> radioshack, including the actual ir sensor which has a new part number,
> so be persistent (they will tell you they don't have it).

I was not so persistent and they were busy selling cell phones instead
being an electronics store.  So I found the IR receiver at Newark
Electronics for about $1 US, plus shipping of course.  1-800-463-9275 -
they were extremely helpful and fast.  Ask for Vishay TSOP 1738.  I got
the rest of the stuff from Jameco since I work right by them but I
probably could have gotten it from Newark as well.

> If you need a
> comprehensive parts list I could dig that up for you when I get home
> from work.

If you can find the new RadioShack IR part number, please forward it to
lirc folks so they can update their website.

Thanks,
Larry