[mythtv-users] Creative Ifra Receiver --- step-by-step

Justin A justin-myth at bouncybouncy.net
Tue Feb 11 16:40:50 UTC 2003

On Mon, Feb 10, 2003 at 09:32:13PM -0500, Chris wrote:
> I got it up and running this way.
> # ./setup.sh
> # make
> # su
> # make install

> # chmod 666 /dev/lircd
> # ln -sf /dev/ttySx /dev/lirc

the chmod as no effect, since your just deleting the file anyway,
probably wouldn't matter though.....
>   where x represents your com port device (0 for 1, 1 for 2)
>   You need to put  a command to run /usr/local/sbin/lircd in your
> /etc/rc.d/rc.local
>   There is no other configuration in my modules.conf
>   Of course you need a working .lircrc in your home directory and a
> lircd.conf in your /etc/ for your particular remote. and you need to
> have irxevent running as a daemon before you call mythfrontend by doing
> a irxevent &

You also NEED a working kernel serial driver then. You can't build a
kernel with no serial port support at all and expect that to work.  You
either use lirc_serial or whicher, or the built in kernel driver.  One
or the other, not both, not neither.

--
-Justin