[mythtv-users] recording question

Zach Shay zshay at resnet.gatech.edu
Wed Feb 12 03:07:16 UTC 2003

Howdy,

Has anyone else had trouble making mythmusic actually *play* anything?
As far as I know, I've compiled it correctly (from the latest CVS) and
created the necessary DB tables ... but when I select music to play and
then go to play it, while I can see my playlist, hitting the Play
button doesn't seem to do anything.  If I wail on it really fast, I can
make the song title appear in the title bar for a split second, but
other than that ... it's as though I'm not doing anything.

I've installed madplay and libmadplay and all that stuff ... but no
output.  I feel like I must be doing something dumb here, but I can't
figure out what.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
Nick