[mythtv-users] sound is out of sync

Aaron Stewart acs at hourglassone.com
Sat Feb 8 19:07:21 UTC 2003

John wrote:
> I have been thinking the same thing about how hard it is to "fine-tune" the
> settings, especially the watching live tv part.  By the time I get back from
> changing the settings, I can't really "remember" exactly how it looked and
> if it's better (especially when it's close).  Worse yet, whatever I was
> looking at on the tv has changed and I'm comparing apples to oranges.

I like to use The Weather Channel or CNN Headline News since
these are the exact same stuff all day and night. CNNHN has
the crawler that you can watch for jitter, and repeats the same
film reports each half-hour. If you record two half-hours, at
different resolutions, you can compare the same film segment.

As far as remembering, I've literally used pencil and paper ;-)
to jot down parameters, top stats, and jitter and quality
observations.

--  bjm