[mythtv-users] Foolish cron question (mythfilldatabase)

Jeff_Mitchell at accessbusinessgroup.com Jeff_Mitchell at accessbusinessgroup.com
Fri Feb 7 15:12:04 UTC 2003

I have been thinking the same thing about how hard it is to "fine-tune" the
settings, especially the watching live tv part.  By the time I get back from
changing the settings, I can't really "remember" exactly how it looked and
if it's better (especially when it's close).  Worse yet, whatever I was
looking at on the tv has changed and I'm comparing apples to oranges.
Here's an idea...

Could we add an option that turns on some "settings keys"?  Maybe you press
S for settings and then you can change the resolution, quality lvl,
decimation, audio, etc. with some keystrokes and an onscreen indicator tells
you what you've picked.  Then maybe you press a key to "save" them?  That
would be awesome!  Even better would be if the software could tell you your
current "framerate" and/or "frames dropped" statistic (like in PC games) so
that you could get an on-screen indicator of your progress.

We already have something like this with the bright/contrast/color settings
(jkl), I'm just wondering if we could expand this.  Even if we just start
simple and do the quality (Q/q)?  BTW, do the "jkl" settings get saved?
Where?

Thanks!
JC