[mythtv-users] problem trying to watch TV

Michael J. Sherman msherman at dsbox.com
Thu Feb 6 14:47:48 UTC 2003

Hi all,

Whenever I try to watch TV using MythTV it just hangs.  I have an ATI TV
card which works just fine under XawTV.  I get the following output when
I attempt to run mythtv:

$ mythtv
Probed: /dev/video0 - Television
Probed: /dev/video0 - Composite1
Changing from None to WathingLiveTV

And then it just freezes.  What could be wrong?  I ran the setup program
and everything seemed fine.  I can run the mythfrontend app and look at
the program schedule, but that's about it.  When I try to listen to
music it crashes, too.  Seems like I'm just in a world of hurt here.
I'm using RedHat 8.0.

Thanks,
Mike

--
Michael J. Sherman  |  Software Developer
Digital Sandbox, Inc.  |  http://www.dsbox.com/