[mythtv-users] Minimizing a Distribution

thor mythtv at lamedomainname.com
Fri Feb 28 16:35:26 EST 2003

On Friday 28 February 2003 04:19 pm, usenet at wingert.org wrote:

>   My question was more rhetorical.  I honestly think that QT and
>   MySQL are two bad things for this project.

	MySQL gets us the ability to have a couple of lines of code persist data very
simply. That data (e.g. settings) can then be read by a couple more lines of
code anywhere on a network (frontend(s), backend(s), mythweb, etc., etc.).

	Without MySQL (or equivalent) we'd still be having debates about the markup
language to pass integers around the network.

- thor