[mythtv-users] Re:M179 Reception Quality

michael brown spam-me at houston.rr.com
Wed Dec 31 13:24:40 EST 2003

Dennis Hand wrote:
>> I'm using s-video with my M179 and the 21226.exe firmware with mine
>> but I'm getting vertical lines instead. The picture quality really
>> sucks!!!! Color is off by alot and it's blurry. My other mythbox has
>> a PVR-250 and it's perfect. I'm glad someone started a thread on
>> this because I was just about to start one. Is anyone using this
>> card getting really good results or did I waste $50. Could be worse
>> I guess.

Sounds to me like the M179 is a very good emulation of the current
PVR-250.  Using the same firmware on my brand spanking new PVR-250 I get
the same results as you.  Rebooting seems to fix it.  It seems like each
time the capture card is enabled (like when you first start watching
live TV)  the picture gets a bit worse.  This gets progressively worse
until you reboot.  I also get some interesting purples with the vertical
lines.

Sucks, but I'm sure it will be fixed soon.  Maybe I should try to find
some older firmware?  The nice thing is that after a fresh boot, it all
looks great.

michael brown