[mythtv-users] can I go as low as 650 to 800 Mhz?

Jason Richardson groups at merkurboys.com
Wed Dec 31 12:11:56 EST 2003

I am using a classic slot A athlon at 850 mhz to run mine. as yet i have
only been using it to record to divx from a bttv card (no live tv, looks
like crap on a bttv card anyway) and using freevo as a frontend. however
i just got a pvr-350 and do intend to use it for live tv now.

On 12/31/2003, "Dave Anderson" <dave at ineedasite.com> wrote:

>I'm currently running on a PIII 650Mhz with one pvr-350. I only use about
>3% to 6% when watching live tv. This is because the pvr-350 does all the
>decoding and encoding.
>
>So the answer to your question, I'd say yes.
>
>My system Specs:
>Dell XPS_T PIII 650 Mhz
>512 MB Ram
>20GB HDD for OS
>160GB HDD for MythTV
>
>I also have a 128MB Nvidia display with tv-out installed but not being
>used. I think the sound card is a Yamaha, but it isn't used either.
>
>Dave
>

>At 05:56 PM 12/30/2003, you wrote:
>>I plan on having one PVR-250 and one PVR-350, and a DVD Rom drive.  Will I
>>be able to record one channel and watch another (with pause live tv options
>>etc.) with as low as 650 to 800 Mhz?
>>
>>I'm looking at starting off my myth box with a used MB/CPU combo.  How low
>>can I go with CPU power and the capture cards I spec'd?  I don't want
>>delays, jumpy video or any of that.
>>
>>Thanks
>>Malcolm

1986 Merkur XR4Ti w/ Dodge SMEC engine controller
12.8 @ 110 mph in the 1/4
www.merkur-xr4ti.com