[mythtv-users] OT: Looking for a motherboard

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Wed Dec 31 00:24:17 EST 2003

On Tuesday 30 December 2003 17:05, Joseph A. Caputo wrote:
> Well, thanks to everyone who replied to my previous thread, I've pretty
> much decided to to go ahead with an nForce2+IGP board.  Now the problem
> is that I can't seem to find one with everything I want!  I was hoping
> to get the same Chaintech board that Jarod has, but it doesn't have
> what I need, nor does any other Chaintech or Asus board, or any board
> on NewEgg.  Can anybody out there chime in if they know of a board
> that:
>
> - has nForce2+IGP for Northbridge
> - has at least 3 PCI slots
> - has S-Video or Composite out on the back panel (so I don't need to use
> a slot for the S-Video header)
> - has onboard USB (duh)
> - has onboard IEEE1394/Firewire (pin header would be sufficient)
>
> The most difficult thing to find seems to be a board that has both GF4MX
> onboard (w/back panel SVideo) *and* IEEE1394.  I'd really like to have
> both, as I'd like to keep my AGP GF4MX in my existing box, and I have
> external FireWire devices I'd like to use.  In the end, I suppose I
> could settle for a board with IEEE1394 but no IGP and just use my AGP
> card (provided there are still 3 PCI slots + 1 AGP slot).
>
> So, is anybody out there using (or know of) a board meeting these specs?
>
> Feel free to reply off-list if you don't think others would be
> interested in this thread.

Replying to my own post here...

I discovered that nForce2 IEEE1394 support is contained in the MCP-T
'Southbridge' chipset, so I did a search on newegg for IGP + MCP-T and came
up with a few boards.  Can anyone comment on the following boards?

Leadtek K7NCR18G-Pro
Leadtek K7NCR18G-ProII (same as above + SATA)
AOpen AK79G-MAX

TIA,

JAC