[mythtv-users] nuvexport cutlist on knoppmyth

William Lindner blazing-dragon at charter.net
Tue Dec 30 17:30:42 EST 2003

Hey,

Well, I've been using KnoppMyth for a while now, and I've been using MythTV
for even longer, and they're both absolutely amazing, and it runs real well
for me, but I was starting to run out of space and I wanted to export some
of my movies that I recorded on tv.  Well, I figured I would just use
nuvexport, so I got the latest version (the one released on December 24) and
so I loaded the cultist in mythfrontend and I even edited it a little bit
because the commercial detection was a little bit off.  Then I exited
mythfrontend and after installing nuvexport I ran the command "nuvexport" as
root, well, I selected the movie I wanted to export and all that, then I
choose to "Transcode export to xvid".  ok, so I can't remember what the
actual selection was, but it was the xvid one, I'm still kinda wondering
about the difference between the "Transcode export to SVCD" and "Transcode
export to VCD" to just "export to SVCD" and "export to VCD".  Just a little
question.  but back to my main question.  So I ran export transcode xvid and
it just ended the transcode after about 5 seconds.  it kinda flashed a
screen then just said that the export was finished.  but odviously it hadn't
actually done any transcoding, and the only thing that I know is that a
little bit of the text was red.  so, maybe you know how I can check to find
out what that text said.  well, anyway, that's not that huge of a problem,
because I can still export DivX, BUT, whenever I try to export to DivX it
asks me if it wants to use the cutlist from Myth, and I answer Yes, but it
doesn't take out the commercials.  I know it's finding the cutlist.  but
it's just not using it,  sooo, if you know of anyway that I can check to see
what it's doing, or which log file to look through, or even better if you
know how I can fix this problem, any help would be much appreciated.  Thank
you very much.